University of Montpellier (2016 - 2017)
I am teaching at the university of Montpellier since September 2016 in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department.
Logic and industrial computing (HLEE503)
This module is for third year students. They learn how a processor works internally (bank registers, ALU, instruction decoding etc) by using an dedicated software which describe step by step all operations in at every clock cycle. In a second part, they have to program a board containing an ARM Cortex-M4 processor and deal with interruptions, external devices and flash memory.
- Lab1: Introduction to computer architecture and our software
- Lab2: Programing a microprocessor
- Lab3: Initation to the STM32F3 board (pdf)
- Lab4: Use the interupt mechanism (pdf)
- Lab5: Active and passive interupts (pdf)
- Lab6: Dealing with flash memory (pdf)
Computer architecture (HLEE202)
This optional module is an initation for the first year students. It is composed of the first two labs of the HLEE503 module.